Sunday, February 13, 2011

Broken Hearts

About seven months ago I was starting my second term at Camp Barnabas. There I met a girl, her name was Summer. It took about two weeks for me to know that I loved her. And for five months I focused on nothing but her. December 26 she told me that she thought we needed to be just friends. Needless to say I was crushed. I still am. I was completely in love with a girl, that no longer wanted to be more than friends. It's been almost two months, and it's taken me this long to make the connection. God has been completely in love with me for a little over 18 years. I've never fully understood what that meant until recently. Because now I know the pain when the person you love is no longer there. I know that God loves me a million times more than I could even dream about loving this girl. So I can't imagine the pain I cause every time I turn my back on Him. I also wouldn't wish the pain I feel on anyone else in the world. So why do I cause my Creator to have this pain everyday? I know I can't be perfect, but knowing a tiny portion of what I put God through, sure makes me want to try to be perfect.

3 comments:

  1. I love you. You are amazing, and brave and I am so grateful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.Get.This. I am LONGING for a son on the other side of the world. He doesn't know it, can't and never will "earn it", but it's strong enough to ache physically.

    It makes me think about how much God loves us, even when we don't know it or seem to forget. We think we have to do a little more before we can be close to Him and all the while He is LONGING to love us. A love that can't be and never will be "earned." It's really something to think about the God of the universe longing for me like I long for my son.

    "I also wouldn't wish the pain I feel on anyone else in the world. So why do I cause my Creator to have this pain everyday?"......Amen to that.

    ReplyDelete